AP Turns On Obama: Scandals Erode Presidents CredibilityPosted: June 11, 2013
AP TURNS ON OBAMA: SECOND TERM ON VERGE OF IMPLODING
In a brutal Monday column, Liz Sidoti, the national politics editor for The Associated Press, takes a look at the Obama Administration’s mounting scandals, the president’s promises, and the polls. Her conclusion is that Obama’s second term is on the verge of imploding. Oh, and on top of the scandals, Obama has one more problem — ObamaCare:
Even Democrats are warning that more angst may be ahead as the government steps up its efforts to implement Obama’s extraordinarily expensive, deeply unpopular health care law.
Collectively, the issues call into question not only whether the nation’s government can be trusted but also whether the leadership itself can. All of this has Obama on the verge of losing the already waning faith of the American people. And without their confidence, it’s really difficult for presidents to get anything done — particularly those in the second term of a presidency and inching toward lame-duck status.
The ramifications stretch beyond the White House. If enough Americans lose faith in Obama, he will lack strong coattails come next fall’s congressional elections. Big losses in those races will make it harder for the Democratic presidential nominee in 2016, especially if it’s Hillary Rodham Clinton, to run as an extension of Obama’s presidency and convince the American public to give Democrats another four years.
Read it all.
- Who’s Breaking News On White House Scandals? Not The Mainstream Media (personalliberty.com)
- Why is Obama Suddenly Toxic? (elaine1503791.newsvine.com)
- Obama loses the left (wnd.com)
- The New York Times Comes To Obama’s Rescue (imjustaskingdotorg.wordpress.com)
- The Scathing Obama Column Written by an Associated Press Editor: ‘With Big Promises Often Come Big Failures’ (theblaze.com)
- Scandals Erode Fatigued Public’s Trust (realclearpolitics.com)
- AP editor: Public ‘voted for the Obama they wanted and now are grappling with the Obama they got.’ (theblaze.com)