Project Veritas Strikes in Texas: O’Keefe Exposes Illegal Voter SchemePosted: February 19, 2014
SAN ANTONIO, Texas—In an apparent violation of state law, Battleground Texas officials are exploiting legally protected information to turn voters out to the polls as part of the Democratic party’s quest to paint the Lone Star State blue, a new undercover video from James O’Keefe reveals.
The footage shows Battleground Texas volunteer Jennifer Longoria saying the group uses the phone numbers from voter registration forms in later efforts to boost turnout on election day.
Texas Election Code prohibits the use of, or even the copying of, phone numbers provided by individuals registering to vote.
“Every time we register somebody to vote, we keep their name, address, phone number,” Longoria said.
The video also shows volunteers calling to boost turnout for Wendy Davis‘s gubernotorial bid…
Follow Brandon Darby on Twitter: @brandondarby
- NEW VIDEO: Battleground Texas Illegally Copying Voter Data (projectveritas.com)
- Yikes – Battleground Texas supporters of Wendy Davis laugh at Greg Abbott being in wheelchair (legalinsurrection.com)
- JOHN FUND ON PREVENTING VOTER FRAUD: We were reminded just this week of problems associated with … (pjmedia.com)
- Wendy Davis supporters have a laugh about Greg Abbott’s disability, absentee ballot fraud (humanevents.com)
- Volunteers Across the State Join Battleground Texas to Register Voters for #MLKAction Day (burntorangereport.com)
- Texas Enforcing Voter ID Law Today – Despite DOJ Attack (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- AACT looks to boost RGV voter turnout (valleycentral.com)
- Project Veritas Catches The Hypocrisy Of Battleground Texas (youviewed.com)
- Who Is Battleground Texas’ Lisa Wortham? (pjmedia.com)
- Texas Republicans Fear Increased Voter Participation (alexandermclark.com)