University of Arkansas Student Arrested In False Sex Assault Report On CampusPosted: May 17, 2014
Investigators used the video of the Garland Avenue parking garage from Sunday to determine Julia Garcia’s report about being sexually assaulted there was false, according to the preliminary report released by the University of Arkansas Police Department.
Julia Garcia was arrested on suspicion of filing a false police report and released from the Washington County Detention Center without bond, according to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.
“I like that they published her name and picture. When you file a false rape report, you’re not a victim.”
Garcia’s arraignment is scheduled for May 30, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
The woman on Sunday reported to police that she was sexually assaulted in the Garland Avenue parking garage on campus. Officers immediately began searching for her alleged assailant, a 6-foot-tall man with a muscular build, according to the University of Arkansas Police Department.
Garcia told police she was attacked from behind about 8:30 p.m. in the parking garage by a man wearing a black ski mask and a long-sleeved black t-shirt, according to a campus safety notification issued Monday…(read more)
- Video Uncovered Fake Sex Assault Report On UA Campus, Police Say (5newsonline.com)
- Local colleges and universities address sex assaults (foxsanantonio.com)
- Georgia judge indicted after claims of sex assault, framing accuser (latimes.com)
- Sandra Fluke Gets Campus Rape Statistics All Wrong (dailycaller.com)
- “Shut Up culture” takes on dissent over campus “rape culture” (legalinsurrection.com)
- CATHY YOUNG: Colleges can’t play cop in sexual assault investigations. At Yale, as an official… (pjmedia.com)
- Columbia U.’s ‘RAPISTS ON CAMPUS’ Bathroom Graffiti Gets Student Canned (dailycaller.com)
- #MyLiberalCampus: Left-wing bias and ‘diversity of thought’ on college campuses (twitchy.com)
- Court okays adult teacher-student sex in Arkansas (dailycaller.com)