Liebster Blog AwardPosted: September 23, 2012
Rules of Participation:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers for the same.
The 11 Questions
1. Name a book that changed your life?
That Was Then This is Now, by S.E. Hinton, a threshold to young adult reading. It shares the same character and setting universe as The Outsiders, but more downbeat, less satisfying. It upset my expectations. It didn’t have a happy ending. It left questions unanswered. It haunted me for weeks after I read it, what books are supposed to do. A close second, another masterpiece of children’s books, is A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle. It exposed me to the pleasure of reading, I remember it fondly.
2. Who is your favorite author/writer?
Truman Capote. His warped celebrity overshadows his legacy, which is unfortunate. As an author, Capote didn’t live up to his promise. His writing went into steep decline after the success of In Cold Blood. Though his output was small, in his prime, his writing was extraordinary.
3. How many pets do you have and what are their names?
One. A dog. He asked me to not disclose his name. When he gets his own blog, he can choose whether or not to reveal his identity.
4. Name the craziest thing you’ve done?
Jump out of an airplane.
5. Who’s my best friend?
6. Name a childhood prank?
Trick-or-treating as an automobile accident victim. It was a little too realistic. I got in trouble. Isn’t scaring the crap out of a people and causing trouble the purpose of Halloween? I thought so. It was worth it.
7. Who are your favorite music artists?
8. Name a place you would love to visit?
Sorrento Peninsula, Italy
9. If I had just 5 minutes left to live what is the one thing I would do?
Prepare an I.V. drip of liquid LSD, and a chocolate milkshake feeding tube.
10. What’s my favorite sport?
11. How do I define love?
And the next nominees are…
- Cristian Mihai
- The Big Book Of Dating
- American Glob
- mkhammer time
- The Jenny Mac Book Blog
- Paula Knight
- Tim Hayes
- Coffee Shop Chronicles
- M E Foley’s Anglo-American Experience Blog