Panic is DeliciousPosted: October 12, 2012 Filed under: Mediasphere | Tags: Barack Obama presidential campaign 2008, Big Bird, Florida, Mark Halperin, Mitt Romney, Nate Silver, Obama, Stephanie Cutter 2 Comments
…In the 2012 election, as long as Obama was inevitable, he was inevitable. Beyond the pundits, there was the emerging belief that the macro polling models of guys like Nate Silver could not be wrong. The basic message was, “Obamas certainty of reelection is so large entirely new domains of mathematics are required to state it properly.”
The arguments for Romneys election were always framed as, “Well, IF he wins Florida and IF he wins Virginia and IF Hillary is an Al Qaida sleeper agent and IF Biden is caught in a Delaware hotel room with a Guatemalan pan flute band and a non-consenting farm animal…then maybe theres a fraction of a chance.”
The political media declared Mitt Romney dead for thirty long days between the end of the convention and the debate. But somewhere in those thirty days, Mitt Romney was born again. Hard.
You can see the fear in the Obama campaign now, as they careen from message to message, flailing, desperate for something – anything – to stick.
You can see their gyros tumbling as they slew from Big Bird to abortion to “Mitt Romney is a lying liar liarpants McLiar” to the walking disaster that is Stephanie Cutter every time she opens her mouth to the remarkable, bizarre interview the Three Divas Axelrod, Plouffe and Messina, obviously gave Mark Halperin this week. Their campaign is out of control, and they know it…
More (via Ricochet.com)
- Mitt Romney’s poll ratings soar as Democrats panic – US politics live – The Guardian (blog) (guardian.co.uk)
- President Obama given the Big Bird by Mitt Romney (thesun.co.uk)
- Barack Obama campaign ad attacks Mitt Romney over Big Bird (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Obama Spokesman Stephanie Cutter: Benghazi Is Only an Issue Because of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan (Updates) (pjmedia.com)
- Poll analyst Nate Silver: Democrats shouldn’t panic … yet (leanforward.msnbc.com)
- Stephanie Cutter: Mitt Romney is “Entire Reason” Benghazi Attacks are a National Issue (townhall.com)
Reblogged this on nhicksbunao.
[…] Panic is Delicious […]