Father of Slain SEAL: Who Made the Decision Not to Save My Son?Posted: October 26, 2012
On meeting Obama: “Could not look me in the eye … like shaking hands with a dead fish.”
Charles Woods, the father of Tyrone Woods, who was killed in the 9/11 terrorist attack at the American consulate in Benghazi, Libya, reveals details of meeting Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton at the publically broadcast memorial service for the slain Americans at Andrews Air Force Base only days after the attack. And, in a recent radio appearance, Woods publicly questions who made the call not to send in back-up forces to possibly save his son’s life, as well as the three other Americans killed in Benghazi (which includes the American ambassador to Libya).
“When [Obama] came over to our little area” at Andrew Air Force Base, says Woods, “he kind of just mumbled, you know, ‘I’m sorry.’ His face was looking at me, but his eyes were looking over my shoulder like he could not look me in the eye. And it was not a sincere, ‘I’m really sorry, you know, that your son died,’ but it was totally insincere, more of whining type, ‘I’m sorry.’”
Woods says that shaking President Obama’s hands at his son’s memorial service was “like shaking hands with a dead fish.”
“It just didn’t feel right,” he says of his encounter with the commander in chief. “And now that it’s coming out that apparently the White House situation room was watching our people die in real time, as this was happening,” Woods says, he wants answers on what happened—and why there was no apparent effort to save his son’s life.
“Well, this is what Hillary did,” Woods continues. “She came over and, you know, did the same thing—separately came over and talked with me. I gave her a hug, shook her hand. And she did not appear to be one bit sincere—at all. And you know, she mentioned that the thing about, we’re going to have that person arrested and prosecuted that did the video. That was the first time I had even heard about anything like that.”
Woods continues: “Apparently even the State Department had a live stream and was aware of their calls for help. My son wasn’t even there. He was at a safe house about a mile away. He got the distress call; he heard them crying for help; that’s why he and Glen risked their lives to go that extra mile just to take care of the situation. And I’m sure that wasn’t the only one received that distress call—you know, come save our lives … I’m sure that other people in the military, in the State Department, in the White House, received that same call that he would receive. And I’m sure that most military people would jump at the chance … to protect that life [and] not leave anyone behind.”
Woods made clear that he isn’t “mad,” but that he wants to the “truth” to be told because he feels ” abandoned.”
Woods says he was told by military officials that the military could have “come above [the area] and completely carpeted area,” and therefore saved the officials in Benghazi, Libya. But that someone gave the command for the American military not to save the lives of the Americans under attack.
“When I heard, you know, that there’s a very good chance that the White House as well as other members of the military knew what was going on and obviously someone had to say, don’t go rescue them. Because every person in the military–their first response [would be], we’re going to go rescue them. We need to find out who it was that gave that command–do not rescue them.”
- Father of Slain SEAL: Who Made the Decision Not to Save My Son? (redalertpolitics.com)
- Father of Slain SEAL: Who Made the Decision Not to Save My Son? (rubinoworld.com)
- Father of Slain SEAL in Benghazi: Who Decided Not to Save My Son? (sfcmac.wordpress.com)
- Video: Glenn Beck’s Explosive Interview With Charles Woods, Father of Slain Seal (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Father/Slain SEAL: Obama ‘Could Not Look Me In The Eye-Like Shaking Hands With Dead Fish’ (12160.info)
- Father of Ex-Navy SEAL Killed in Libya Attack: Obama and Clinton’s Apologies Were Not Sincere, ‘Just Didn’t Feel Right’ (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Father of Slain Benghazi SEAL Tyrone Woods: “They Murdered My Son” (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Scandal explodes – Who told military not to save Americans under attack in Benghazi, Libya (dewgeneral.wordpress.com)
- Father of Slain Seal in Benghazi Discloses What Biden Said to Him (shepherdspiehole.typepad.com)
- Shaking hands with Obama – “Like shaking hands with a dead fish” says dead SEALS father (bellalu0.wordpress.com)