Election Shave Challenge Update: Ed Asner, Janeane Garofalo, Join Axelrod’s Mustache-Shaving WagerPosted: November 2, 2012
Adding an unexpected dose of humor, and a welcome, long-overdue pledge of personal hygiene, two outspoken celebrities are including themselves in Axelrod’s courageous mustache-shaving wager.
Beloved television actor and outspoken socialist Ed Asner, and activist/actress Janeane Garofalo announced this week that they’re willing to part with treasured follicular adornments, in response to the shave challenge started by Obama senior advisor David Axelrod, who promised to shave his mustache of 40 years on national television if Obama loses Minnesota, Michigan or Pennsylvania on Election Day.
“I will come on Morning Joe and I will shave off my mustache of 40 years if we lose any of those three states”
“If Obama fails to win Minnesota, Michigan or Pennsylvania, I will go on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, on election day, and shave my legs”
“If Obama loses Minnesota, Michigan or Pennsylvania to Romney next Tuesday, I’ll go on the Johnny Carson show, and shave my ear hair”
We assume Ed meant to say the Jay Leno show. Stay tuned for more celebrities volunteering to join David Axelrod in shaving on national TV, in support of Barack Obama’s 2012 presidential campaign.
- A New Mustache Challenge (thepage.time.com)
- Axelrod wagers to shave mustache (politico.com)
- Axelrod Wagers To Shave Mustache After 40 Years (alan.com)
- Things Getting Hairy for Dems: Axelrod Wagers Mustache in Election Outcome (boiseweekly.com)
- DAVID AXELROD: ‘I Will Shave Off My Mustache’ If Obama Loses Michigan, Pennsylvania Or Minnesota (businessinsider.com)
- Axelrod to shave mustache if Obama loses Pa., Michigan or Minnesota (seattlepi.com)
- American Mustache Institute: Axelrod’s Mustache Wager ‘Incredibly Irresponsible’ (usnews.com)
- Axelrod Bets His Mustache (politicalwire.com)
- Axelrod: I’ll shave if Obama loses Pa., Mich. or Minn. (usatoday.com)