Red Bull Heir Faces Thai ArrestPosted: September 3, 2013
Thai authorities will seek to arrest a grandson of Red Bull’s billionaire, co-creator Chaleo Yoovidhaya, after he failed to appear at a court hearing.
Vorayuth Yoovidhaya, 28, is alleged to have driven his Ferrari into a police officer and killed him last September.
Mr Vorayuth’s lawyers say he had become ill in Singapore, and was unable to return to Thailand in time for the indictment hearing.
Prosecutors will seek an arrest warrant on Tuesday.
“He suddenly fell ill which made it impossible for him to travel back today,” said Mr Vorayuth’s lawyer Thanit Buakeaw.
The lawyer denied his client had fled the country and said he would return in the next three days and co-operate with investigators.
He faces a maximum of 10 years in jail on charges of causing death through reckless driving and failing to stop to help the victim.
His indictment has been delayed several times in the past year, and a speeding charge was dropped because of a statute of limitations.
The initial investigation team had to be disbanded after an officer was accused of covering up Mr Vorayuth’s involvement.
The suspect’s grandfather, Chaleo Yoovidhaya, died earlier this year having become a billionaire from the worldwide sale of the Red Bull energy drink.Source: BBC News – “Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoovidhaya faces Thai arrest”
- Thai prosecutors seek arrest warrant for Red Bull heir accused in police hit-and-run death (calgaryherald.com)
- Thai prosecutors seek arrest warrant for Red Bull heir accused in police hit-and-run death (macleans.ca)
- Prosecutors Seek Arrest Warrant for Red Bull Heir (abcnews.go.com)
- Prosecutors seek warrant for Red Bull heir (toledoblade.com)
- VIDEO: Red Bull heir’s court no-show (jtn-network.com)
- Lessons from Red Bull’s billionaire founder (wheresthesausage.typepad.com)
- Enterprise 2.0 Improving Companies (clancysinclair.wordpress.com)
- Red Bull Gives You a Business Strategy (medium.com)
- Raikkonen will not drive for Red Bull in 2014 – report (motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com)
- Exclusive: Red Bull to reopen negotiations with Raikkonen (pitlanetalk.wordpress.com)