Music for the dead: $30,000 coffin that plays fave tunesPosted: September 5, 2013
Do you have a passion for music that you’ll take to the grave? A Swedish coffin company is helping loved-ones stream music straight to the recently departed. The world’s first ‘Di-Hi-Fi’ CataCombo Sound System, which costs around $29,910, is aimed at music-lovers who don’t want to rest in peace.
Using the system, people can compile their own personal playlists before they die and the music will be streamed into their coffin, the ‘Daily Mail‘ reported. Even when they have gone, relatives can update the songs for their dearly departed via Spotify and a ‘Catatomb app’ using a touch screen built into the gravestone. The music is piped into the casket via two-way front speakers, 4 inch mid-bass drivers, divine tweeters and a hell-of-an-8-inch subwoofer’.
They are powered and fine-tuned to the coffin’s unique interior acoustic space which is fitted with an external cooling system so they don’t overheat.
“Just because you are dead, you should not be deprived of the life-enhancing power of music. Some people believe that a beautiful melody can reach beyond our senses. Now you can expect nothing less than godlike comfort and heavenly sound from the catacoffin,” inventor Fredrik Hjelmquist of Stockholm, Sweden, said.
“This is designed to allow customers to embrace their passion for music, in this life and the next. Hi-fi is my biggest passion in life, and I will take it to the grave. “People in Sweden are so stuck up about death – I wanted to give them something to laugh about. I was very afraid of death and I wanted to lighten it up a bit,” Fredrik said. Fredrik said so far he had only invented his own personal musical coffin – but was ready to take orders for more.Source: Times Of India
- $29,000 Hi-Fi Coffin Plays Music for the Dead (neatorama.com)
- Swedish company sells coffins with Spotify music systems (upi.com)
- $30,000 coffin comes with music system (planet.infowars.com)
- Bacon Coffin: You Are (Buried in) What You Eat (technabob.com)
- Morbid Terminology: Coffin vs. Casket (bonesdontlie.wordpress.com)
- $30,000 coffin comes with music system… (myfoxny.com)
- Now You Can Get Buried in Bacon Thanks to the Bacon Coffin (geeksaresexy.net)
- UK scientists find mystery coffin (bigpondnews.com)
- New mystery at Richard III burial site: Who is buried in bizarre coffin-inside-a-coffin? (express.co.uk)
- Lead coffin within stone coffin unearthed in King Richard III car park (abc.net.au)