VIDEO: Benghazi Whistleblower “I’ve Been ‘Punished’ for Speaking Out”Posted: September 8, 2013
Gregory Hicks, the former Deputy Chief of Mission in Libya who testified before Congress about the 9/11 attacks on an American diplomatic facility earlier this year, believes he has been “punished” for speaking out about the Obama administration’s response the night of the attack. He said he believes at least two of the Americans lost that night could have been saved if the United States had responded in time.
“I don’t know why I was punished,” Hicks said in an interview with ABC’s This Week. “I don’t know why I was shunted aside, put in a closet if you will.”
Hick said he will continue to talk about the attacks because “the American people need to have the story” of what took place that night and the four Americans who were lost in the attacks “should be remembered.” He also believes that former Navy SEALS Ty Woods and Glen Doherty, who died eight hours after the initial attack on the diplomatic mission, could have been saved.
While Hicks still remains on staff at the State Department, he has not been reassigned to a post since being called back from Libya. In a statement to This Week, the State Department said Hicks was not removed from Libya as a result of the statements he has made about the Benghazi attacks and is working on reassigning him.
- Gregory Hicks: Hearing of Death of Christopher Stevens ‘Saddest Moment’ in My Career (abcnews.go.com)
- Benghazi Whistleblower Punished (12160.info)
- Benghazi Whistleblower: I’ve Been ‘Punished’ for Speaking Out (nationalreview.com)
- Benghazi whistleblower Hicks says he’s still being punished by State Dept. (bizpacreview.com)
- Hicks: ‘Possible’ Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods Could Have Been Saved if Action Was Taken Sooner in Benghazi (freebeacon.com)
- Book: State Department Knew Benghazi Raid Was Terrorist Attack Within Minutes (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Shock News : Obama Trying To Cover Up Benghazi (stevengoddard.wordpress.com)
- State Dept. denies punishing diplomat for speaking about Benghazi (upi.com)
- Attorney for Whistleblower: 400 U.S. Missiles Stolen in Benghazi (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Reuters Still Claims YouTube Video Behind Benghazi Attacks (punditfromanotherplanet.com)