Sacré Bleu! HUGE cocaine haul seized on Air France plane in ParisPosted: September 21, 2013
Police at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport have seized 1.3 tons of pure cocaine on board an Air France flight from Venezuela, French officials say.
The drugs were found packed inside 30 suitcases on 11 September, but the operation was revealed on Saturday.
France’s Interior minister, Manuel Valls, said it was the biggest drug haul ever made in the Paris area.
Six people were arrested, accused of being members of an international drug smuggling ring, Mr Valls said.
Officials say they believe the drugs were meant for sale in France and had a street value of 200m euros (£169m; $270m).
The Air France flight came from Caracas.
The suitcases with the cocaine reportedly were not registered to any of the passengers.
- Huge cocaine haul seized in Paris (bbc.co.uk)
- 1.3 tonnes of cocaine found on plane (radionz.co.nz)
- Huge cocaine haul seized on Air France plane in Paris (arunbabyveranakunnel.wordpress.com)
- Tonnes of cocaine seized in Paris (theage.com.au)
- $270 million in cocaine seized from Air France jet (worldnews.nbcnews.com)
- France makes $270m cocaine bust in Paris (aljazeera.com)
- French police seize 1.3 tonnes of cocaine off Air France flight from Venezuela (abc.net.au)
- French police find 1.3 tonnes of cocaine (bigpondnews.com)
- Hong Kong Customs Nets Record Cocaine Haul, Seizing 60 Kilograms of the Drug (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Hong Kong nets record cocaine haul bound for China (chinadailymail.com)