DEMOCRAT PARTY SPIN FAIL: “I don’t remember saying that everyone in the country would have a lower premium”Posted: September 30, 2013
The Greenroom‘s Guy Benson writes: Well, that’s what recording devices are for, Nancy. We covered the former Speaker’s attempt to slither away from her own Obamacare sales pitch back in June; now the current Speaker is highlighting his predecessor’s shameless revisionism:
Boehner’s office released this video over the weekend to help advance the GOP’s messaging on delaying Obamacare by one year — which enjoys strong public support and bipartisan backing in Congress. But when government shutdown muddies the waters, Republicans lose their advantage. Harry Reid’s Senate, which took the weekend off, is about to reconvene and punt the latest House-passed CR back into Boehner’s lap. What happens next isn’t clear, although AP’s four scenarios basically have the bases covered. (Spoiler alert: Brace for Republican pain and recriminations, no matter what).
- Boehner: If this shutdown standoff is an emergency, why didn’t the Senate meet yesterday? (hotair.com)
- Boehner’s pivotal moment (politico.com)
- Stocks shrink in fear (cnn.com)
- How Republicans Get Blamed for Government Shutdowns (eyeonthenation.wordpress.com)
- It’s Time for Pelosi and House Dems to Support Boehner (dannyvinik.com)