Welcome to OBAMAPHONES 2.0Posted: October 2, 2013 | |
Obamacare phones offered to health insurance buyers
Alex Pappas writes: Say hello to Obamacare phones.
In Tennessee, those shopping on the new health insurance co-ops could end up with more than just some health insurance. They might even walk away with a free smartphone.
Community Health Alliance, Tennessee’s health insurance co-op, is running a unique promotional program to drive enrollment in its plans for sale on the exchange: health insurance in exchange for a smartphone.
As part of its Community Health Connection Program, CHA is offering qualified individuals an LG Lucid 2 4G smart phone (or equivalent model), a phone plan and tech support, included as a cost of their health plan benefits. The phone plan includes unlimited talk, unlimited texting and 1.2GB of data.
The idea is to make it easier for providers and patients to stay connected, but it will also help CHA keep track of its member population, many of whom are expected to be new to the health insurance market.
“Members will have the phone number for their CHA representative pre-loaded in their phones and can quickly get answers to questions about their policies,” said CHA Chief Operating Officer Judy Slagle in a news release. “At the same time, we will be able to connect with our members by phone, by email or by text almost instantly with health tips and reminders.”
The co-op received a federal loan of more than $73 million.
- Tennessee’s health insurance co-op offers unique benefit: a smartphone (bizjournals.com)
- Health insurance co-ops will help Coloradans see benefits of Obamacare (blogs.denverpost.com)
- About those Obamacare premiums: what do we value in a health care system? (arktimes.com)
- ObamaCare Ruling Just Killed Portable Health Insurance – OpEd (albanytribune.com)
- Government Using Smartphones As Incentives To Sign Up For ‘Obamacare’ (wreg.com)
- Obamacare repealed a lot of things … but not the First Amendment (watchdog.org)
- Obamacare Is Not Apple (thepatriotperspective.wordpress.com)
- ObamaCare: What to know if you opt out of buying health insurance (marketsanity.com)
- Enrolling in Health Insurance Under Obamacare (enrollvirginia.com)