Even the TALIBAN Gets Press Coverage Mocking U.S. Government ShutdownPosted: October 9, 2013
Even the Taliban is mocking the U.S. government over the shutdown.
In a statement released to AFP, the (fundamentalist women-torturing baby-killing mono-theistic, civilian-murdering, militant, bloodthirsty extremist) terrorist group accused American lawmakers of “sucking the blood of their own people.”
“The American people should realize that their politicians play with their destinies as well as the destinies of other oppressed nations for the sake of their personal vested interests,” the Taliban said in a statement.
The stalemate between Republicans and President Barack Obama and Democrats entered its ninth day with no end in sight. Obama is meeting with House Democrats at the White House Wednesday and is expected to meet Republican lawmakers some point this week.
Obama said during a press conference Tuesday he would be willing to negotiate with House Speaker John Boehner, but said there is a caveat to the potential negotiations.
“I’m not going to do it until the more extreme parts of the Republican Party stop forcing John Boehner to issue threats about our economy,” Obama said. “We can’t make extortion routine as part of our democracy.”
Hundreds of thousands of federal government workers have been furloughed due to the shutdown.
Apparently the Taliban has their own public relations office now. Can’t wait to see their next official press release. –The Butcher
- Taliban mock ‘selfish and empty-minded American leaders’ over government shutdown (rawstory.com)
- 5 reasons the GOP might win the shutdown fight (rare.us)
- Taliban mocks U.S. over shutdown and ’empty-minded leaders’ (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Taliban Mocks Shutdown: Lawmakers ‘Sucking the Blood of Their Own People’ (jpupdates.com)
- Taliban Mocks Shutdown: Lawmakers ‘Sucking Blood Of Their Own People’… (washington.cbslocal.com)