Pressure Mounts for Sebelius to ResignPosted: October 13, 2013 | |
Wynton Hall reports: Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius is coming under fire to resign in the wake of a two-week Obamacare roll out that CBS News calls “nothing short of disastrous.”
In a surprising development, Sebelius’s longtime friend and fellow Kansan, Sen. Pat Roberts (R-KS), has gone on record as the first Republican calling for Sebelius’s ouster.
“Americans are tired of the Sebelius spin,” said Roberts. “They can see Obamacare has failed them. We need a secretary who can admit when enough is enough.”
Criticism of Sebelius’s management of the Obamacare launch has intensified in the wake of a blistering interview last week with fellow progressive Jon Stewart of The Daily Show. Stewart asked Sebelius numerous times why President Barack Obama has given big businesses a one-year Obamacare waiver but not everyday Americans. Sebelius refused to answer.
“The American people should not have to tolerate the chaos of the exchange, or the ill effects of Obamacare for one more day,” said Roberts. “They are already suffering in a terrible economy. They have higher taxes, higher premiums and great uncertainty about access to quality healthcare. We need a Secretary who realizes that.”
- Pat Roberts calls on Sebelius to resign (kansascity.com)
- Pressure Mounting for Sebelius to Resign Over “Disastrous” Obamacare Fallout (ijreview.com)
- Pressure mounts for Sebelius to resign (wnd.com)
- Roberts: Sebelius Should Resign For “Gross Incompetence” (wibw.com)
- Pressure Mounts for Sebelius to Resign over Obamacare Collapse (thenewsdoctors.com)
- Calling for Kathleen Sebelius’ resignation, Sen. Pat Roberts heads further right (kansascity.com)
- Roberts calls on Sebelius to resign from HHS (cjonline.com)
- Roberts: Sebelius should resign (politico.com)