Turkey’s first online Islamic sex shop opensPosted: October 21, 2013
AFP – An online Islamic sex shop selling condoms, massage oils and perfumes has been launched in Turkey, becoming the first of its kind in the predominantly Muslim country.
The “Halal Sex Shop” website presents its products as being “entirely safe,” and in compliance with Islamic norms.
Internet users who enter the site find two different links directing them to separate sections for male and female products.
Other sections of the website are designed to discuss sex in the context of Islam under various headings: “Oral sex according to Islam”, “Sex manners in Islam” and “Sexual life in Islam.”
The anonymous founders of the website said they believed the online shop would help correct prejudices against Islam which they claimed is perceived as “against sex.”
“The religion of Islam has praised sex under certain circumstances,” they wrote on the site.
“The use of every product on sale is in compliance with Islam.”
Turkey does have so-called “erotic shops” in its streets, however Islamic conservative Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan suggested last year they rename themselves “love shops.”
- Turkey’s first online Islamic sex shop opens (dailystar.com.lb)
- First-ever online ‘Halal Sex Shop’ opened in Turkey (thenewstribe.com)
- Halal Sex Shop (iowntheworld.com)
- Turkey’s first online Islamic sex shop opens (balitaktakan.wordpress.com)
- Turkey’s first online Islamic sex shop (sbs.com.au)
- Islamic sex shop launched in Turkey (gulfnews.com)
- Don’t go looking for vibrators in this Muslim-friendly sex shop [Amusing] (fark.com)
- Sex shop forced to close due to lack of ‘kinky’ locals (telegraph.co.uk)