Ever Wonder Who Makes Those ‘Anonymous’ Masks? A Factory in Rio de JaneiroPosted: October 30, 2013
Máscaras para manifestações
Mass Producing Your Fake Revolution
[Note: I computer-translated the source text from Portuguese, so the English is irregular]
A factory in Sao Goncalo, the metropolitan area of Rio , is producing per day , about 800 masks model “Anonymous ” – an activist group popular throughout the world. The pieces are supplying the demand of the protesters who are going to the streets in Rio and other states to protest against the governments.
“What surprises me is that we are selling more items for individuals who for shops. A person comes to us and takes about 300, 400 masks, while the resale companies are buying about 60”, says Olga Valles , administrative partner Condal factory.
The parts are resold for approximately U.S. $ 6.00. The production is being distributed throughout the country.
The masks allude to the creation of designer David Lloyd , co-author of the comic ” V for Vendetta ” , 1982 . The piece is Guy Fawkes , an Englishman killed in the seventeenth century , accused of conspiracy. In the film , the image of the mask flips Guy Character V , which plans to complete the purpose of Fawkes and blow up the English Parliament.
Despite the success of sales , the partner believes that production should not exceed that which is done during the Carnival.
To beat the record for Carnival would have to produce about 200,000 pieces daily.
hat tip: fuzzyhorns.tumblr.com
- Guy Fawkes Day And How The Image Of A Traitor Transformed Into A Patriot (dangerouslee.biz)
- Bridgwater Guy Fawkes Carnival – 2013 (heikoworld.com)
- Anonymous to March on DC on Guy Fawkes Day (globalclarity.wordpress.com)
- Anonymous to March on DC on Guy Fawkes Day (freebeacon.com)
- Masks and Veils: Techniques of Camouflage (lukacsmi.wordpress.com)
- Remember, Remember the 5th of November – Million Mask March (intellihub.com)