Let the Finger-Burning Begin! Sen. Nelson’s Morbid Command to SebeliusPosted: November 6, 2013
‘Burn their fingers’
Jonathan Easley reports: Sen. Bill Nelson lashed out Wednesday at the contractors charged with building the ObamaCare website. Addressing Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius at a Senate Finance Committee hearing, the Florida Democrat said the contractors should be held to account for the site’s disastrous launch. “As someone who has fought and bled for this … I want you to hold them to account,” Nelson said.
“I want you to burn their fingers and make them pay for not being responsible and producing a product that all of us could be proud of.”
Nelson asked Sebelius if she had any legal authority to withhold payments from the contractors.
“We have paid out a portion of the money that has been encumbered for the website build out,” Sebelius said. “It clearly is not up and running at a sufficient level at this point.”
- ‘That was creepy!’ Sen. Nelson asks Sebelius about ‘so-called’ cancellations, advocates torture? (twitchy.com)
- Sebelius faces lawmakers anew on health-care law (arkansasonline.com)
- Sebelius faces more questions on health law (nbcnews.com)
- Sebelius: Obamacare “delay is not an option” (cbsnews.com)
- Hatch to Sebelius: ‘Untruthful’ on ‘Obamacare’ (ktvb.com)
- Sebelius Won’t Delay Obamacare: ‘People’s Lives Depend on This’ (cnsnews.com)
- ‘Unacceptable’: Democrat unloads on Sebelius (wnd.com)
- Bill Nelson asks feds to investigate rollout of Florida’s unemployment benefits website (members.jacksonville.com)
- Sebelius gets a gift she probably doesn’t want (cbsnews.com)
- Why Is Sebelius Still Doing a Promotional Tour? (nationalreview.com)