Wendy Davis Admits: No Clue What Happened at Kermit Gosnell’s Abortion Clinic…Posted: November 6, 2013 | |
..and the one thing she said she knew is wrong.
Wendy Davis is now the face of the pro-abortion movement but they may want to consider getting a new national spokeswoman since she clearly has no idea what she’s talking about when it comes to abortion.
Davis yesterday admitted she doesn’t know much about the biggest abortion case in recent history — the conviction of Kermit Gosnell for killing babies in brutal abortion-infanticide procedures.
“I don’t know what happened in the Gosnell case,” she admitted in an interview yesterday. “I do know that it happened in an ambulatory surgical center.”
It turns out that one fact she claimed she did know is false. As John McCormack of the Weekly Standard reports:
In fact, according to the Gosnell grand jury report, Gosnell’s clinic was not regulated as an ambulatory surgical facility, but it should have been.
“The abhorrent conditions and practices inside Gosnell’s clinic are directly attributable to the Pennsylvania Health Department’s refusal to treat abortion clinics as ambulatory surgical facilities,” according to the grand jury report. “We recommend that the Pennsylvania Department of Health plug the hole it has created for abortion clinics. They should be explicitly regulated as ambulatory surgical facilities, so that they are inspected annually and held to the same standards as all other outpatient procedure centers.”
Though abortion clinics would seem to meet the definition of an ambulatory surgical facility under Pennsylvania law, the “state Department of Health inexplicably allows abortion clinics, alone, to go unmonitored,” the report explained. “The Grand Jury asked several DOH employees, attorneys as well as those charged with overseeing abortion facilities, why the department does not treat abortion clinics as [ambulatory surgical facilities] when the language of the Health Care Facilities Acts is so clear. Their unsatisfactory answers left us bewildered.”
As the Philadelphia Inquirer reported, it was not until December 2011, well after Gosnell was behind bars, that the governor “signed a new law requiring abortion facilities to meet the minimum standards of ‘ambulatory surgical facilities’ and be subject to at least one unannounced inspection each year.”
- Low Information Activist: Wendy Davis Has No Clue What Happened in Kermit Gosnell’s Clinic (1800politics.com)
- Wendy Davis Has No Clue What Happened at Kermit Gosnell’s Abortion Clinic | LifeNews.com (grindaline.wordpress.com)
- Late-Term Abortion Champion Wendy Davis, Democrat, Doesn’t Know What Happened in the Gosnell Case (pjmedia.com)
- Pro-lifers urge clinic workers to quit (washingtontimes.com)
- Four Documents To Understand The Kermit Gosnell Trial (buzzfeed.com)
- The studied ignorance of Wendy Davis (humanevents.com)
- The One Thing Wendy Davis Said She Knew About Gosnell Is Wrong (weeklystandard.com)
- TX Sen. Wendy Davis Fails to Give Difference Between Late-term Abortion and Gosnell Case (enumclaw.com)
- On Wendy Davis: Why is She a ‘Hero,’ But the Women Who Stand Up to Planned Parenthood’s Abuses and Lies are Not? (pjmedia.com)