Law and Disorder: Mom Banned from Georgia School Over Facebook pic of CCW PermitPosted: November 7, 2013
A mother is furious after being banned from a Hepzibah, Georgia elementary school several weeks ago, which she says stemmed from her posting a picture on Facebook of her concealed weapons permit, WRDW reports.
“I feel like a criminal. I want to be heard. I want a public apology,” Tanya Mount said.
“The principal is scared of you and she doesn’t want you on the grounds. I ask for what? And he asks were you in the Army and I said yes. He’s like do you have a concealed weapons permit? I said yes,” Mount described the conversation with the school board officer.
Mount, who is a parent volunteer at McBean Elementary School where her disabled daughter attends, said that she’s never had an issue with either the school or Principal Janina Dallas. But according to Mount, during a meeting several weeks ago, “She [Dallas] told me that instead of volunteering at the school and playing on the playground with my daughter I need to be at home doing grown up things.”
However, according to Mount, the real “grown up” issue is the fact that she has a concealed carry permit, a fact which was made public when she displayed her newly issued card in a picture posted on Facebook. Other than the comment about the permit and her serving in the Army, Mount said she was given no reason why she has been banned from the school.
The CBS News affiliate attempted to talk with Dallas to get her version of the story, but was told that the principal was unavailable for comment. Although one district official did confirm to reporters that Mount and Dallas had a meeting over Mount’s role as a parent volunteer, that official did not reveal any details of the meeting.
“I feel that this is some high school crap. He said she said,” Mount said. “She should have contacted me instead of taking the legal route which was uncalled for.”
Mount also confirmed that following the incident, the school district gave her permission to transfer her daughter to another school, which she plans to do.
- GA Mom Banned From Daughter’s School for CCW Permit (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- WOW – Veteran Mom Banned From Daughters School Because She Owns A Concealed Weapons Permit…. (theconservativetreehouse.com)
- Mom says she’s banned from Georgia school over Facebook pic of CCW permit (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Army vet banned from kids school after posting picture of weapons permit, report says (foxnews.com)
- Mother banned from Georgia school after posting her CCW permit on Facebook (therightscoop.com)
- Army Veteran Banned from Daughter’s School after Posting Picture of Weapons Permit (joemiller.us)
- Army veteran banned from daughter’s school after posting concealed carry license on Facebook (redalertpolitics.com)
- Army veteran banned from daughter’s school for photo of concealed weapons permit (washingtontimes.com)
- Veteran Barred From School Property For Facebook Post Of Concealed Carry Permit (personalliberty.com)