Fetch! Good Boy! Pro-Obamacare Team Trains Reporters on Covering Obamacare ProblemsPosted: November 9, 2013 | |
Reporters with the Society of American Business Editors and Writers received “training” on how to cover Obamacare‘s rollout from a policy expert who works with President Obama’s former health information technology adviser.
“I don’t think it signifies deeper problems, I think it is a website issue,” Collins told SABEW during the Oct. 28 training seminar.
Her optimistic take on the law’s difficulties is unsurprising since she works for an organization led by David Blumenthal, who was President Obama’s national coordinator for health information technology from 2009 to 2011.
What is surprising is that an organization claiming to represent professional journalists would endorse “training” delivered by advocates for the program they are covering, which would violate SABEW’s code of ethics.
That code encourages journalists to “avoid any practice that might compromise or appear to compromise objectivity or fairness.”
A SABEW spokesman did not respond to a request for comment.
- Administration ‘Trains’ Journalists on How to Cover Obamacare (pjmedia.com)
- Pro-Obamacare team trains reporters on covering Obamacare (utsandiego.com)
- Pro-Obamacare Team Trains Reporters On How To Cover Obamacare Website Problems (patdollard.com)
- Wow: Reporters’ Guild Now Offering “Training” On How To Report Obamacare, Delivered by Pro-Obamacare Agitators and Administration Shills (minx.cc)
- Journalists Trained on Obamacare Reporting Topics by Group That Worked Toward Health Care Bill Passage (theblaze.com)
- The Choo-Choo Train of Doom (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Obamacare’s Banana-Republic Logic (punditfromanotherplanet.com)