Morgan Freeman Denies Rumor of Deal to Narrate Jonah Goldberg’s Morning Newspaper Ritual Lawn Walks: ‘It’s Not True’, He saysPosted: November 14, 2013
EXCLUSIVE: Morgan Freeman‘s phone has been ringing. The actor has been inundated with calls to inquire if there’s any truth to the rumor that he’s planning to narrate columnist Jonah Goldberg‘s trek to his front lawn. A representative at CTI insisted that his client is not currently considering any projects involving real-life voice-in-head narration.
“Mr. Freeman is available for film work, theater projects, awards ceremonies, and occasional special appearances, but he is not currently contributing narration for audiobooks, academic manuscripts, opinion columns, and certainly not involved in magical narrations of real-life events. It’s absolutely not true that our client in talks to narrate any part of Jonah Goldberg’s life.”
The Agent clarified his client’s position. “Morgan Freeman is a liberal. Even if he were to consider narrating special moments in the life of a journalist or media personality, it’s unlikely that he’d be inclined to do a voiceover for a conservative columnist, with all due respect to Mr. Goldberg, it’s simply not the kind of project we’d consider.”
“…If you can’t take some joy, some modicum of relief and mirth, in the unprecedentedly spectacular beclowning of the president, his administration, its enablers, and, to no small degree, liberalism itself, then you need to ask yourself why you’re following politics in the first place. Because, frankly, this has been one of the most enjoyable political moments of my lifetime. I wake up in the morning and rush to find my just-delivered newspaper with a joyful expectation of worsening news so intense, I feel like Morgan Freeman should be narrating my trek to the front lawn. Indeed, not since Dan Rather handcuffed himself to a fraudulent typewriter, hurled it into the abyss, and saw his career plummet like Ted Kennedy was behind the wheel have I enjoyed a story more…”
Some readers–including some film and TV industry insiders–liked the idea, and began to attempt to contact Morgan Freeman, to inquire about a possible deal to narrate Mr. Goldberg’s thoughts.
Mr. Freeman was unavailable for comment.
- JONAH GOLDBERG: Obamacare Schadenfreudarama: It feels pretty good to watch the whole thing fail. … (pjmedia.com)
- Obamacare Schadenfreudarama (pjmedia.com)
- Kid Does Amazing Morgan Freeman Impression (kvil.cbslocal.com)
- Who Cares What The Fox Says? Morgan Freeman Doesn’t. (bits-and-bytes.com.au)
- A Grand Theft Auto 5 tale, as narrated by Morgan Freeman (polygon.com)
- Watch The Whitest Kid Do The Most Incredible Morgan Freeman Impression (elitedaily.com)
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama Like Chauncey Gardner Defending ‘Worst IT Disaster in American History’ (newsbusters.org)
- Morgan Freeman to narrate documentary about lemurs (upi.com)
- Jonah Goldberg: Never underestimate what Obama does for spite (bizpacreview.com)