From ‘Yes We Can’ to ‘Nobody’s Perfect’Posted: November 16, 2013
Stewart wouldn’t like it if we took his jokes seriously, but he still skewered the president’s abysmal press conference Thursday in ways that left the leader’s image in tatters.
Stewart torched the administration for still not getting HealthCare.gov right (the site gives people Hepatitis, he cracked) and for a litany of excuses for not being “perfect.”
He started by tweaking Team Obama for still not being able to meet its goal of a functioning web site under its newest deadline.
“When I said, ‘end of November,’ I did not say which November,” Stewart says, imitating Obama.
Then, Stewart–his face a mask of disbelief–played a clip parade of Obama apologizing, saying variations of “it’s on me” to explain the disastrous ObamaCare rollout.
“That wasn’t the slogan you campaigned on … you were all, ‘yes we can.’ I don’t remember the other slogan .”
- [WATCH] Jon Stewart tells Obama ‘I will not be a perfect president’ is a far cry from ‘Yes We Can!’ (redalertpolitics.com)
- Daily Show buries “Yes We Can” suggests “Pobodys Nerfect” (rare.us)
- Jon Stewart Bashes Obamacare Rollout: You Ran on ‘Yes We Can’ Not ‘Pobody’s Nerfect!’ (mediaite.com)
- JON STEWART TO OBAMA: At Least You’re Not Rob Ford! (businessinsider.com)
- Jon Stewart Pretty Sure Healthcare.gov Fiasco Has Turned Obama Administration Into ‘This Is Spinal Tap’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Jon Stewart: Crack-smoking Toronto mayor is a ‘one-man episode of COPS’ (rawstory.com)
- Stewart: Say, is Obama in any loops at all? (hotair.com)