[Video] Bogus ‘Anti-Gay’ Update: Tip-Denial Waitress Has History of Self-Serving DramaPosted: November 29, 2013
The New Jersey waitress whose story has been questioned after she claimed she received an anti-gay note instead of a tip on a restaurant bill was dishonorably discharged from the Marines last spring after she stopped showing up, NBC 4 New York has learned.
And that’s not all:
A woman who says she and Morales worked together at a Cheesecake Factory in Nyack, N.Y., last year said Morales told coworkers she had brain cancer.
“She came in with her hair shaved because she wanted to shave it herself before she lost it,” said Jacqie Fitzpatrick.
Fitzpatrick said Morales also leaned on the cancer story to accept offers of help from friends at work.
Then, she abruptly quit, according to Fitzpatrick, and her coworkers didn’t see her again until she appeared in news reports about the receipt.
Morales collected $3,000 in donations from people after the original story went viral. Supposedly “most” of that money was headed for the Wounded Warrior Project. Maybe NBC New York will follow up on the story by following the money next.
- Waitress faked anti-gay tipping story (rare.us)
- NJ Waitress Who Claimed She Wasn’t Tipped Because She Was Gay Faked Receipt (patdollard.com)
- Lesbian Waitress Dishonorably Discharged From Marines and Claimed To Co-Workers At Cheesecake Factory That She Had Brain Cancer (im41.com)
- Video: Was tip-denial viral story a hoax? (hotair.com)
- Family disputes gay server’s story (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- Waitress in anti-gay receipt scandal ‘lies about everything,’ friends say (pix11.com)
- Couple says anti-gay note for NJ waitress was doctored AND they tipped well: report (pix11.com)
- Another ‘Gay’ Hate Scam Exposed? (godfatherpolitics.com)