Mission Accomplished: EPA’s Backdoor Gun Control Operation BeginsPosted: December 1, 2013
Allen West writes: As a former combat commander, I have been trained to look for trends. And I believe we’ve found a very disturbing one. It seems that backdoor gun control is in full effect in the United States. Why? Thanks to Obama’s Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), we can no longer smelt lead from ore in the United States.
The first contact the EPA made with The Doe Run Lead Smelter in Herculaneum, Missouri (population 2,800) was in 2008, but it was in 2010 that the EPA finally forced Doe Run to plan a shutdown. This plant has been in operation since 1892 but will finally close its doors this month. It was the last primary lead smelting plant in the U.S.
The closedown is due to new, extremely tight air quality restrictions placed on this specific plant. President Obama and his EPA raised the regulations tenfold, and it would have cost the plant $100 million to comply.
In response to the Doe Run lead smelter shutdown, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency said the Doe Run Company “made a business decision” to shut down the smelter instead of installing pollution control technologies needed to reduce sulfur dioxide and lead emissions as required by the Clean Air Act.
What this all means is that after December 2013, any ammunition that will be available to US citizens will have to be imported, which will surely increase the price and possibly come under government control. It seems this is fully in concert with the US Military and Homeland Defense recent purchase of large quantities of ammunition.
The effect is chilling: you can own all the guns you want, but if you can’t get ammo, you are out of luck. Remember when President Obama promised his minions that he was working on gun control behind the scenes? Welcome to it. The result is that all domestically mined lead ore will have to be shipped overseas, refined and then shipped back to the US.
Read the rest of the article at allenbwest.com
- Without ammo a gun is just a club. The liberal answer to patriotic resistance to gun confiscation? Shut down ammunition supply…. (powderedwigsociety.com)
- Gun-Grabbers Attack Lead Supply Through EPA (moonbattery.com)
- Backdoor Gun Grab – EPA Forces Closure Of Last Lead Smelter In U.S. (joshuapundit.blogspot.com)
- Backdoor Gun Control? Feds Force Shutdown of last U.S. Primary Lead Smelter (offgridsurvival.com)
- Does “Doe Run” mean anything to you? (deserteagletech.wordpress.com)
- Backdoor gun control is here: no lead means no bullets (allenbwest.com)
- Ammo Price Surge Expected as EPA Regulations Close Lead Smelter (breitbart.com)
- Obama gets the lead out: shortage on batteries, bullets and equipment coming (theglobaldispatch.com)
- Last U.S. Lead Smelter to Close in December Due to EPA – Might Affect Ammo Production (gunssavelives.net)