“The best whiskey is coming not from Scotland any more, but from Kentucky”Posted: December 10, 2013
American Bourbon Better than Scottish Whiskey?
Mr. Murray, who wrote “Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible,” argues that Scotland’s decrease in quality whiskey is due to the use of sulphur candles to sanitize some barrels that have been used to age sherry, giving it a “bitter finish.”
Bourbon, however, is aged in virgin oak casks, which do not require sulphur treatment, the Telegraph said.
“The best whiskey is coming not from Scotland any more, but from Kentucky,” he said, adding that Buffalo Trace, a bourbon distillery in Frankfort, Ky., is “arguably the best distillery in the world.”
- Today in America, Fuck Yeah News: Bourbon is officially Better than Scotch (brunchhard.wordpress.com)
- Fancy a wee dram? Bourbon is flavour of the month (thetimes.co.uk)
- Basil Hayden’s Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey (whiskeywench.wordpress.com)
- Check Out Distiller, A New Startup That Gives You Personalized Whiskey Recommendations (mukeshbalani.wordpress.com)
- ‘Scotch malt is no match for American whiskey’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Whisky ‘bible’ author has a dram cheek to say US tipple is better than Scottish (express.co.uk)