Poll: Hispanics, Young Voters Abandoning ObamaPosted: December 12, 2013 | |
Tony Lee reports: A new national poll has found President Barack Obama’s support among young voters and Hispanics has plummeted.
In an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll, “nearly half—49%—of adults aged 18-34 disapprove” of Obama’s job performance while 45% approve. Obama’s disapproval among young voters has jumped three points since last month and 12 points since the same time last year.
The poll, which was released on Wednesday, found that Obama’s support “among Hispanics has declined alongside young people, with 42% saying they approve of the president.” Last year, nearly 75% of Hispanics approved of Obama’s job performance.
Sen Lin, a 25-year-old teacher in Tolleson, AZ, told the publication that he supported Obamacare and Obama in both elections because he “had a great potential there to implement this smoothly.”
“But now it seems like a big disappointment,” Lin told the Journal.
The poll surveyed 1,000 adults from December 4-8 and has a margin of error of +/- 3.1 percentage points.
- Will Young Voters Abandon Democrats? Don’t Hold Your Breath (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Polls: Young Voters Turn on Obama (townhall.com)
- POLL: Millennials Turn Against President Obama (thecollegefix.com)
- Poll: 52% of Young Voters Would Recall President Obama (thealexandrianva.com)
- Obama’s approval tanking: Lowest ever (mobile.wnd.com)
- Polls: Young Voters Turn on Obama (grumpyelder.com)
- Young Voters Turning Against Obamacare Will Mean Its Collapse By 2016 (lastresistance.com)
- New Polling Data Confirms Obama, Democrats In Trouble: Even Young Voters Turning (downtrend.com)