Armed Guard’s Presence Ended Arapahoe School Shooting in 80 SecondsPosted: December 17, 2013
As more details emerge, it has become evident that the guard — a county deputy resource officer — did this by running toward the shooter in a way that ended the entire incident in 80 seconds.
Speaking on December 14th, Arapahoe Sheriff Grayson Robinson told CNN that when Pierson entered the school his “intent was evil, and his evil intent was to harm multiple individuals.”
While Pierson was able to critically wound one student, from his first shot to his last, the only life that was lost was his. Robinson said “a critical element” in this scenario was the deputy who ran toward “the noise of gunshot,” when “many would run away from it.”
Robinson said the deputy “went to the thunder,” which brought him to the library where Pierson was holed up.
On the way into the library the officer directed students to “get down” and let everyone know he was a “county deputy sheriff.”
Said Robinson, “We know for a fact that the shooter knew that the deputy was in the immediate area and while the deputy was containing the shooter, the shooter took his own life.”
- Armed Guard’s Ended School Shooting in 80 Seconds (educationviews.org)
- Armed Guard Saved Arapahoe Students from Deranged Socialist Shooter (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Armed Guard Saved Students’ Lives in Arapahoe School Shooting (gopthedailydose.com)
- Armed Guard Saved Students’ Lives in Arapahoe School Shooting (thenewsdoctors.com)
- Arapahoe High School Shooting (edge167.wordpress.com)
- Why the Arapahoe High School Shooting Lasted Only 80 Seconds (ijreview.com)
- Armed Guard Saved Students’ Lives in Arapahoe School Shooting (breitbart.com)
- The unsung hero of Arapahoe (breitbart.com)