[VIDEO] New Corvette Will Let Owners Record and Share Their DrivesPosted: January 5, 2014
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The 2015 Chevrolet Corvette will have a new system that lets owners record their drives and share the video with friends.
The system uses a windshield-mounted camera, a microphone and a recorder to track data. Drivers can edit the videos to include their speed, location, lap times and other stats.
The video can be viewed on the Corvette’s eight-inch color touchscreen when the car is parked or downloaded to a computer. Drivers can record up to 13 hours of driving time.
GM introduced the system Sunday at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. It didn’t say how much the option will cost.
The 2015 Corvette goes on sale next fall.
- Chevrolet puts some sting in Corvette convertible (usatoday.com)
- autoMedia.com Names 10 Best Corvettes of All Time (virtual-strategy.com)
- Chevrolet’s Chief Corvette Engineer admits 2015 Z06 could be the last new Corvette … ever (digitaltrends.com)
- Next Corvette Z06 Facing Cancellation (autoevolution.com)
- GM to unveil the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 in Detroit (theminorityreportblog.com)
- ‘Ditches Love Corvettes’ Is The Best New 2014 Corvette Meme (jalopnik.com)
- First Drive: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible [w/video] (autoblog.com)
- 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is Next-Generation Auld Lang Syne (geardiary.com)[VIDEO]
- Chevrolet to Debut Corvette C7.R Racer Alongside Z06 in Detroit (caranddriver.com)
- Corvette named Automobile of the Year (money.cnn.com)