[VIDEO] High-tech Bullet Enlarges in Mid-AirPosted: January 7, 2014
Giuseppe Macri writes: Advanced Ballistics Concepts has invented a new high-tech bullet engineered to greatly increase accuracy, which is set to debut at the Las Vegas SHOT show next week.
The Mi-Bullet, or multiple impact bullet, expands into four interconnected parts as it exits the barrel, improving accuracy thanks to an accelerated barrel speed and the increased diameter of the shot.
WATCH: Digital simulation of Mi-Bullet firing
According to Concepts’ officials, the bullet is designed to increase first and second shot accuracy for shooters in “high pressure situations,” and the company has designed ammunition compatible with the most popular weapons on the market.
Handgun Mi-Bullet ammunition spreads to 14 inches after exiting the barrel, while shotgun ammunition expands to 24 inches. Concepts has engineered three different lethality grades of the bullet including the non-lethal Mi-Stinger, the semi-lethal Mi-Stunner, and the fully-lethal Mi-Stopper.
- Bad shot? See the new bullet that expands into four rounds to make any target ‘almost impossible to miss’ (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- New bullet expands itself into four connected parts to kill better (sploid.gizmodo.com)
- Liberty Ammunition’s New Line of Hunting Ammunition Opens with Intro of the Silverado .223 Rem, 55 Grain Bullet (lauraburgessmarketing.wordpress.com)
- New Bullet Expands Itself Into Four Connected Parts To Kill Better (gizmodo.com.au)
- End of the line for the lead bullet? Regulations, bans force switch to ‘green’ ammo (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Question of the Day: Bad Ammo? (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- New bullet expands itself into four connected parts to kill better (jeremiahtillman.wordpress.com)
- Winchester W Train & Defend Provides a Straight Forward Solution in Ammunition Selection for New Shooters (outdoorhub.com)