Novelist’s Ex In Bizarre Handgun Threat ArrestPosted: January 9, 2014
Cormac McCarthy’s former wife pulled weapon from her vagina
A domestic dispute over space aliens escalated Saturday morning when a lingerie-clad New Mexico woman allegedly pointed a silver handgun at her boyfriend, a weapon she retrieved from her vagina, where it had been placed while the accused was performing a sex act, police allege.
As detailed in a probable cause statement, Jennifer McCarthy, a 48-year-old artist, argued about space aliens with her 53-year-old beau, whose name was redacted from the document released by the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office. When questioned by deputies, McCarthy reportedly acknowledged that she “did have a gun at the time” the couple was yelling at each other.
McCarthy’s boyfriend told investigators that following the argument McCarthy departed her Aventura Road residence. Upon returning to the home, he told deputies, McCarthy went into her bedroom and later emerged “wearing lingerie and a silver handgun in her vagina.” She then proceeded to “have inner course with the gun,” according to the court filing.
While using the gat as a sex toy, McCarthy reportedly asked her boyfriend, “Who is crazy, you or me?” The probable cause statement, drafted by Deputy Chris Zook, does not indicate whether McCarthy’s boyfriend dared to answer that query.
After removing the gun from her vagina, McCarthy pointed it at her boyfriend’s head, investigators charge. Fearing that he could get shot, the man grabbed the weapon from McCarthy and put it in the toilet.
McCarthy’s boyfriend subsequently “took it out of the toilet and put it in the trash can outside.” Deputy Zook reported that he recovered “a silver Smith and Wesson in the outside trash can.”
Pictured in the above mug shot, McCarthy was arrested on afelony charge of aggravated assault on a household member. She was booked into the county jail, from which she was released Sunday after posting $5000 bond.
According to public records, McCarthy married the publicity-shy Cormac McCarthy (seen at left) in Nevada in January 1998. The couple, parents to a teenage son, divorced in Texas in 2006. McCarthy did not respond to a Facebook message seeking comment about her arrest. (2 pages)
- Ex-wife of author Cormac McCarthy ‘pulls gun from her vagina’ after dispute over space aliens (metro.co.uk)
- Cormac McCarthy’s ex-wife threatened man with handgun pulled from vagina… plus space aliens! (boingboing.net)
- Cormac McCarthy’s ex arrested after pulling a gun from her vagina following argument about aliens (deathandtaxesmag.com)
- 8 Questions About This News Story About Cormac McCarthy’s Ex-Wife Pulling a Gun Out of Her Vagina During a Fight About Aliens (grantland.com)
- Cormac McCarthy’s ex-wife arrested amid dispute about space aliens (salon.com)
- Cormac McCarthy’s Ex-Wife Uses Vagina As Gun Holster (laist.com)
- Novelist Cormac McCarthy’s Ex-Wife Pulls Gun From Her Veeje During Argument With Current Boyfriend About Space Aliens (minx.cc)
- Cormac McCarthy’s Ex-Wife and the Vagina Holster (nymag.com)
- Novelist’s Ex threatened man with handgun pulled from vagina after alien argument (lunaticoutpost.com)
- Cormac McCarthy’s Ex-Wife Pulls Gun From Vagina On New Boyfriend After Argument About Aliens (elitedaily.com)