BREAKING: Octomom Charged With Felony Welfare FraudPosted: January 13, 2014
TMZ STAFF: Octomom has just been charged with 3 felony counts of welfare fraud and now faces more than 5 years in prison if convicted on all counts, TMZ has learned.
The L.A. County District Attorney’s Office filed the charges, including 1 count of aid by misrepresentation, and 2 counts of perjury by false application for aid. The D.A. claims Octomom — real name Nadya Suleman — failed to report nearly $30,000 in earnings between January 1-June 30, 2013.
Octo is accused of failing to disclose income between January and June of 2013 — specifically, money that she got from personal appearances and residuals from videos. TMZ knows … the video in question is a masturbation video.
The D.A. is asking the judge to set bail at $25,000.
- Nadya Suleman (Octomom) and Children Face Eviction (webpronews.com)
- Octomom Nadya Suleman and Her 14 Kids Face Possible Eviction Before Christmas (eonline.com)
- Octomom’s On Welfare, Receiving Death Threats (thesuperficial.com)
- The Welfare Queen: Reagan Vindicated Again (powerlineblog.com)
- Octomom: Probably Getting Evicted Again! (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Husband, wife arrested, accused of welfare fraud (cbs6albany.com)
- Maine gov targeting welfare fraud (wgme.com)
- Octomom Nadya Suleman, 14 Kids Face Pre-Christmas Eviction (investorplace.com)
- E. Syracuse, Canastota women charged with welfare fraud (uticaod.com)
- Madison County Sheriff’s Investigators bust 2 women for welfare fraud (9wsyr.com)