Punch in the Nuts: Ronan Farrow Rips Golden Globes’ Woody Allen Tribute On NBCPosted: January 13, 2014
Dominic Patten writes: First Mia Farrow tweeted she was turning off the Golden Globes on NBC when they went to the Woody Allen tribute. Now her son and upcoming MSNBC host Ronan Farrow lashed out against his mother’s former longtime companion, also on Twitter.
Missed the Woody Allen tribute – did they put the part where a woman publicly confirmed he molested her at age 7 before or after Annie Hall?
— Ronan Farrow (@RonanFarrow) January 13, 2014
This comes after MSNBC is still trying to get over the successive embarrassment of departures of Alec Baldwin and Martin Bashir for incendiary remarks and Melissa Harris-Perry‘s ill-considered comments targeting Mitt Romney’s adopted black grandson.
MSNBC has not given Farrow’s program a name or a time slot, but network chief Phil Griffin has called it “a game changer” for the network, “representing a fresh approach to how we deliver news.” Farrow, 25, was brought on to contribute to the network’s website and other platforms inside the NBC News portfolio. Before being named to his MSNBC gig, Farrow was a foreign policy official with the Obama administration.
Contacted by Deadline, NBC reps had no comment on Farrow’s remarks.
- Woody Allen’s Son Reminds The World About His Father’s Sexual Molestation Charges (mediaite.com)
- Mia and Ronan Farrow Slam Woody Allen’s Golden Globes Tribute Via Twitter (eonline.com)
- Ronan Farrow Blasts Dad Woody Allen Over Molestation Allegations During Golden Globes Tribute (businessinsider.com)
- Not Everyone Was Happy With Woody Allen’s Golden Globes Honor (huffingtonpost.com)
- Ronan Farrow Blasts Woody Allen’s Golden Globes Tribute (thewrap.com)
- Ronan Farrow rips Golden Globes Woody Allen tribute in ‘molest’ tweet (foxnews.com)
- Ronan Farrow SLAMS Dad Woody Allen on Twitter Over Molestation Allegations After Golden Globes Tribute (gossipcop.com)
- Woody Allen Golden Globe damned by Farrows (theguardian.com)