Sugoi! Oishii! Japan’s Suntory buys Jim BeamPosted: January 13, 2014
$16 Billion Deal
Under the deal, worth $16bn in all, Suntory will pay $13.6bn in cash and take on Beam’s debt.
It will make Suntory the world’s third largest maker of distilled drinks.
The two companies have a previous partnership whereby they distribute each other’s brands in different markets.
Following the announcement, Beam’s share price rose 24%…
- Japan’s whisky makers drum up global market for their drams (whiskeyloversofindia.wordpress.com)
- Japan’s whisky maker Suntory may join race for Whyte & Mackay (whiskeyloversofindia.wordpress.com)
- Jim Beam To Add First Single Barrel Bourbon (whiskeyloversofindia.wordpress.com)
- Suntory Beverage to Hold Back on M&A as Japan Competition Rises – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Jim Beam’s New Bourbon Is 95 Proof, and Kid Rock Likes It (origin-www.businessweek.com)
- Three top stock picks from Integris Pension Management’s Gavin Graham (theglobeandmail.com)
- Suntory Yamazaki 25 Single Malt Whiskey (theoriginalwinger.com)
- Jim Beam Single Barrel Bourbon (uncrate.com)
- Japan’s Suntory buys Jim Beam group (bbc.co.uk)
- Merger Monday – Suntory Buys Beam for 25% Premium ($16Bn) (philstockworld.com)