Man Calls 911 Because He ‘Needed A Woman’Posted: January 15, 2014
My reaction to stories like this is “Oh come on, who hasn’t done that…”
A Louisiana man who allegedly called 911 dispatchers to say that he needed a woman turned out to be an convicted sex offender according to police who took him into custody.
Of his “emergency” request for a date on Saturday night, the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office said that,
(note: you have to imagine this spoken by a law enforcement official with a Louisiana accent. Are you imagining it? Okay, here goes…)
“We are guessing he wasn’t looking for one to come and run his criminal history, but that is what he got.”
The responding deputy reportedly determined that the man was a non-compliant sex offender from New Orleans who was considered out of compliance because he failed to notify authorities of his new address — as required by state law — when he moved to the local area.
“While police didn’t bring him a woman he said he needed, they did bring him to the parish jail, where he was arrested on charges of failure to register for a change of address.”
According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, the woman-needing 911 caller was convicted of sexual battery in 1997.
For some reason, as The Inquisitr has previously reported, there appears to be an increasing tendency for citizens to use 911 for non-emergency reasons, typically involving food or drink or lack thereof…
- Most Wanted Sex Offender Captured In Dallas (dfw.cbslocal.com)
- Man Fights to Get Off Sex Offender Registry for Consensual Teen Sex with Woman He Since Married (reason.com)
- Convicted RI sex offender found in South Carolina (thestate.com)
- Sex Offender Arrested for Sexual Battery (hernandodailynews.wordpress.com)
- Sex Offender Was Reno Preacher (lasvegas.cbslocal.com)
- I-Team: S.A. city council bans registered sex offenders from parks, despite little evidence of activity (kens5.com)
- Man Arrested After Calling 911 For ‘Needing A Woman’ (houston.cbslocal.com)
- Man tells 911 operator that he ‘needed a woman’ (deathandtaxesmag.com)
- Sex Offender Arrested After Calling 911 Because He ‘Needed a Woman’ (thenewsdoctors.com)
- Sex Offender Arrested After Calling 911 Because He ‘Needed a Woman’ (breitbart.com)