Exceptions Made: State Department Barred Inspection of Muslim Brotherhood Delegation, Report ShowsPosted: January 18, 2014
The Investigative Project on Terrorism reports: The State Department broke with normal procedures last week when it ordered the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) not to conduct a secondary inspection on members of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood‘s Freedom and Justice Party (FJP) on their way to visit government officials and think tanks in the United States.
This happened despite the fact that one member of the delegation had been implicated – though not charged – in a U.S. child pornography investigation, the Investigative Project on Terrorism (IPT) has learned.
According to senior enforcement sources and documents reviewed by the IPT, investigators had information tying Abdul Mawgoud Dardery to the pornography investigation that was based in Pennsylvania. He was the senior member in the four-person FJP delegation which held court with academic groups and met with senior officials at the White House and State Department last week. (For more on what they said, click here.)
The FJP recently won a plurality of seats in recent elections to determine makeup of the next Egyptian Parliament.
Before returning to Egypt, Dardery lived in the United States long enough to attain legal permanent residency, known as a green card. That status lapsed after he left the country for more than six months. The child pornography investigation took place during Dardery’s time here and was noted in his immigration file. It surfaced when CBP officials learned of his pending visit.
A U.S. official familiar with immigration procedures told the IPT that extra inspection is standard operating procedure when a foreign visitor has been tied to criminal or terrorist activities. “Secondary inspections” involve going through the visitor’s baggage and viewing the contents of computers and other electronic devices to search for evidence of illicit activity. Agents would typically search other members of the party to ensure Dardery did not hand off his computer equipment to an associate to avoid detection…
- Obama’s State Department Barred Inspection of Muslim Brotherhood Delegation (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Records Prove Muslim Brotherhood Delegates Skipped Airport Inspections (breitbart.com)
- Obama Admin Allowed Muslim Brotherhood Delegates “Expedited Entry” From TSA Inspections (youviewed.com)
- Muslim cleric who endorses jihad/martyrdom suicide bombings on 11-city US tour (jihadwatch.org)
- Terrorist Group Muslim Brotherhood Delegates Skipped Airport Inspections Thanks to Clearance From State Department (katenews2day.com)
- IPT Exclusive: Records Prove MB Delegates Skipped Airport Inspections (deadcitizensrightssociety.wordpress.com)
- IPT Exclusive: Records Prove MB Delegates Skipped Airport Inspections (counterjihadreport.com)
- US Welcomes Sheik Who Supports Suicide Bombing and Killing Jews (independentsentinel.com)
- Convicted jihad leader Sami Al-Arian resurfaces at pro-Muslim Brotherhood briefing on Capitol Hill (jihadwatch.org)
- Egypt’s Sisi is set to take crackdown on Muslim Brotherhood to Hamas in Gaza (jpost.com)