Man Run Over by Train While Posing for PhotoPosted: January 20, 2014
AUBURN, Washington – Fire officials say a 42-year-old Las Vegas man was killed Saturday after he was hit by an Amtrak train around 3:30 p.m. in Auburn.
According to the Auburn Fire Department, the man’s girlfriend was taking pictures of him sitting on the rails when an Amtrak Cascades Train mowed him down.
130 passengers were on board the train which originated in Portland and was heading to Seattle. The passengers and crew were loaded on buses to complete their journey.
Authorities closed the tracks to investigate the incident.
- Man fatally struck by Amtrak train in Auburn (blogs.seattletimes.com)
- Man killed by Amtrak train heading from Portland to Seattle (krem.com)
- New Amtrak trains begin running from Eugene to Vancouver, B.C. (oregonlive.com)
- Man struck and killed by Amtrak train near Auburn (nwcn.com)
- New trains making first runs (gazettetimes.com)
- Man struck and killed by Amtrak train near Auburn (king5.com)