Fracking Protesters Arrested for Gluing Themselves to the Wrong Petrol PumpsPosted: January 22, 2014
Robert Wilde reports: On Monday, four members of an anti-fracking group wound up in jail for using bicycle locks and glue to fasten themselves to gas pumps at a petrol station in Great Lever, England. The group sacrificed themselves in order to protest the hydraulic fracking activities of Total, a French petroleum company.
But, to their embarrassment, the group sacrificed themselves to the wrong petrol station, which was no longer owned by Total. The petrol station was owned by Certas Energy, who neglected to take down the signs after buying the station.
The petrol station’s manager, Reezwan Patel commented that some protesters were peaceful, but that those who shackled themselves to the pumps “were stupid and have cost us a lot of money.” He added that, “We had to close for six hours, so with the loss of customers and the damage to the pumps, it could be a couple of thousand pounds we have lost.”
- Dumb: British Moonbats Glue Themselves To Gas Pumps To Protest Company’s Fracking – Dumber: Pick Wrong Gas Station… (weaselzippers.us)
- Anti-fracking campaigners chain themselves to petrol pumps (manchestereveningnews.co.uk)
- Gas-guzzling petrol addict Brian Taylor arrested again for DRINKING from the fuel pumps (dailyrecord.co.uk)
- Gas-guzzling petrol addict Brian Taylor arrested again for DRINKING from the fuel pumps (mirror.co.uk)
- Digger used to steal petrol station pay machine (cyprus-mail.com)
- WTF News: Man Gets Arrested For Drinking Gas From Pump (allhiphop.com)
- Idiot Fracking Protesters Glue Themselves to Gas Pumps – At Wrong Gas Station (thegatewaypundit.com)