‘MAD MEN’ Season 7 Start Date AnnouncedPosted: January 22, 2014
Good news, via popgoescultureblog:
For the record, I’m among those that question AMC’s decision to split the final season. To me, it smacks of either artistic vanity, or business concerns trumping loyal audience. I understand it’s a demanding show to produce, and maintain the extraordinary quality, so it benefits the creator and his crew. I’m inclined to think that AMC’s got a valuable property, they know it, and they’re milking more advertising dollars out of Mad Men. Enjoying a more relaxed writing and shooting schedule isn’t likely the primary driver of season-splitting decision.
[For collectors, Amazon has Mad Men: Seasons 1-4]
If the final episodes can be delivered with as much audience-pleasing closure as Breaking Bad, these complaints will dissolve. The show is already on track to become an enduring TV masterpiece.
Dubbed an order of “Seven and Seven”, the show will air its first seven episodes in the spring of 2014, and will return in 2015 to air the remaining seven. AMC officially announced the season seven premiere date! The final season of ‘Mad Men’ will begin this coming spring, April 13th at 10/9 C on AMC…
- ‘Mad Men’ final season, ‘Better Call Saul’ get premiere dates (insidetv.ew.com)
- ‘Mad Men’ Has Official Return Date for Start of Final Season (hispanicbusiness.com)
- AMC’s ‘Better Call Saul’ To Premiere in November (variety.com)
- TV Moment Of The Week: Mad Men (nevesus.wordpress.com)
- Newswire: AMC and Sundance at the TCAs: Mad Men, Better Call Saul premieres announced (avclub.com)
- ‘Breaking Bad’ Spinoff ‘Better Call Saul’ and ‘Mad Men’ Premieres Set (thewrap.com)
- ‘Mad Men’ & ‘Better Call Saul’ Get Premiere Dates On AMC (huffingtonpost.com)
- AMC Announces Slew of Premieres including “Mad Men” and “Better Call Saul” (wtsrindecent.wordpress.com)
- AMC Sets Premiere Dates for ‘Mad Men’ Final Season and ‘Better Call Saul’ (aceshowbiz.com)