Media Circle Wagons to Protect Wendy DavisPosted: January 22, 2014
Early this morning the Political page of Huffington Post had a WW3-sized alarmist headline trumpeting “misogyny”-fueled attacks on Davis. Yep, its full panic mode. That overblown lead story has since rotated out, but the theme remains. Huffpo headlines like this reveal the desperate wagon-circling to protect Wendy.
On the other hand, to their credit, HuffPo, and others, rallied to protect Sarah Palin when she was under attack, calling out her critics as hateful sexists. Oh, wait. Never mind. Actually, the HuffPo piled on. As expected, the Democrat-Media Complex never lifted a finger to defend Palin, when attacked by critics, or any other conservative candidate who happens to be a minority, or a woman. It’s only hateful and sexist if you criticize a liberal female candidate.
John Nolte writes:
It is not as though the media would have to quit their ongoing political assassination of Chris Christie to give the brewing scandal surrounding Texas Democrat Wendy Davis’s bio falsehoods the attention it deserves. The media can do two things at once. But other than clearing the way for President-in-waiting Hillary Clinton, the media is desperately circling the wagons to downplay a legitimate scandal that could take down a rising Democrat star.
For two days now, NBC’s Chuck Todd has failed to mention the scandal even once during his hour-long MSNBC political show “The Daily Rundown.” Todd’s reasoning for passing on this unbelievably juicy story just isn’t convincing…
…Apparently, the Davis story will only be “interesting” when the GOP uses it against her. This is a typical tactic with our media: make it a “GOP attacks Wendy Davis story” instead of a “Wendy Davis lied about her bio” story. That mitigates the scandal for Davis and allows Murray and Todd to backfire the scandal on the GOP with a trumped up “sexist GOP overreach” narrative…
Read the rest… (includes embedded tweets not shown here)
Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC
- Wendy Davis’ ex-husband: “They’ve asked me not to talk to reporters” (legalinsurrection.com)
- Media Circle Wagons to Protect Wendy Davis From Bio Falsehoods (breitbart.com)
- Running cover: ‘Not one tweet!’ Chuck Todd drubbed for conspicuous Wendy Davis silence (twitchy.com)
- ‘Does she even LISTEN to herself?’ Wendy Davis has ‘obscene’ Twitter meltdown (twitchy.com)
- Wendy Davis and the Media (nationalreview.com)
- ‘Obamacare enrollments’: Emerging facts spark search for stories #MoreFakeThanWendyDavis (twitchy.com)
- Wendy Davis autobiography underwent some … revisions (hotair.com)
- ThinkProgress: Criticism of lying liar Wendy Davis is totally sexist, you guys (twitchy.com)
- When a Democrat lies, it’s never an actual lie (dailycaller.com)
- Move over, first world problems; Make room for #WendyDavisStruggles (twitchy.com)