Sacré Bleu! French Study Shows a Majority of Men and a Third of Women CheatPosted: January 22, 2014
Poll finds that 55 per cent of French men and 32 per cent of French women are unfaithful and that infidelity is on the rise but that the French are champions of forgiveness
From Paris, Henry Samuel reports: A majority of French men and a third of French women cheat on their partners, a new poll, has found indicating that infidelity is on the rise in France among both sexes.
The study also found that Left-wing French are more likely to cheat on their partners than those who identify themselves as on the Right
In figures that could help explain why so many French are unfazed by the dalliances of their president, François Hollande, the Ifop study found that some 55 per cent of French men and 32 per cent of French women admit to cheating on their other halves.
Infidelity has been on the rise since the 1970s, when only around 19 per cent admitted to cheating, according to the study that was carried out for Gleeden, the extramarital dating website.
More than one in three French said they were prepared to cheat on their partners as long as they were sure they would not find out.
François Kraus of Ifop said: “One of the study’s key findings is the enduring difference in perception of infidelity among men and women, with the latter much less accepting of dalliances than men.” Two out of three French women consider a kiss is a form of cheating, while 57 per cent see sexting as being unfaithful.
The survey came days after revelations that Mr Hollande was having an alleged affair with Julie Gayet, a 41-year old actress, and fascination from abroad at how little the French claimed it interested them.
The study also found that Left-wing French are more likely to cheat on their partners than those who identify themselves as on the Right…
Read the rest…
- French have a taste for les liaisons dangereuses (dnaindia.com)
- Francois Hollande, you’re not alone! More than ‘half of France’s men cheat on partners’ (dailymail.co.uk)
- Julie Gayet to sue French magazine Closer over Hollande affair claims (theguardian.com)
- Hollande and the actress: good or bad for his drooping ratings? (theweek.co.uk)
- Valerie Trierweiler: So French women get furious after all (telegraph.co.uk)
- Francois Hollande ‘began affair with actress Julie Gayet TWO YEARS ago’ (mirror.co.uk)
- Hollande Not-Be jenguk partner (technologyka.wordpress.com)
- Is Francois Hollande’s ‘mistress’, Julie Gayet, 4 months pregnant? (thisismoney.co.uk)
- François Hollande and Julie Gayet: a French farce (telegraph.co.uk)
- VIV GROSKOP: Affairs are NEVER sexy and cool (even if you are French) (thisismoney.co.uk)