SPORTSBOT: Computer Simulation Predicts Seahawks Over BroncosPosted: January 28, 2014
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Seahawks and the Broncos will only play once for the title of Super Bowl champion. The game won’t be played on a computer, but on the field. But that doesn’t stop people from trying to guess what will happen on the field, with what happens in a computer simulation.
Prediction Machine’s Predictalator ran a simulation of Sunday’s Super Bowl 50,000 times, and found that the most likely score has the Seahawks beating the Broncos, 24-21.
Of the 50,000 simulations, the Seahawks won 54.8% of the time, and the Broncos 45.2% of the time.
The Broncos are currently a 2.5 point favorite at most sports books.
Though the Seahawks came out on top more often, the Broncos edged them out in most offensive categories. Notching 331 total yards to Seattle’s 327, and 229 passing yards to the Seahawks 209. 229 yards however, would be a substantial drop for Peyton Manning during his record-setting season. The Seahawks did have the edge in rushing yards, at 117 to the Broncos 101.
The simulations also predict individual stats. Peyton Manning averaged 241 passing yards, throwing 1.9 touchdowns and 1.1 interceptions.
For a complete rundown of the simulations, visit Prediction Machine
- Madden NFL 25 Predicts Broncos Will Defeat Seahawks 31 to 28 in Super Bowl XLVIII (news.softpedia.com)
- Rob Ford, Lil Wayne, and super computers predict the Super Bowl (fieldofteams.csnbayarea.com)
- Madden NFL 25 Names Peyton Manning as MVP for Super Bowl XLVIII (news.softpedia.com)
- ‘Madden’ sim predicts Broncos will win Super Bowl (kgw.com)
- ‘Madden’ sim predicts Broncos will win Super Bowl (krem.com)
- Video game simulation: Denver Broncos defeat Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl (fox43.com)
- ‘Madden’ sim predicts Broncos will win Super Bowl (nwcn.com)
- Denver Broncos Key to a Super Bowl Win: Stop The Run (getrealfootball.com)
- Denver Broncos picked to win Super Bowl XLVIII in Madden 25 simulation (joystiq.com)