9 Perish, Including 8 Children, in Kentucky House FirePosted: January 30, 2014
Nine people were killed, including eight children, in a western Kentucky house fire early Thursday morning, News Channel 5 reported.
Greenville Assistant Fire Chief Roger Chandler says 11 people lived at the home in Muhlenberg County, and two were flown to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn., for treatment. Multiple fire crews are at the scene.
News Channel 5 reported that an adult and child were able to escape from the fire and were transported on LifeFlight.
Chandler said the blaze was reported at 2 a.m. CST Thursday, and crews were still at the scene four hours later.
Greenville is about 130 miles southwest of Louisville.
Chandler said the cause of the fire was under investigation by the Kentucky State Police.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 9 believed killed in Kentucky house fire (abcactionnews.com)
- Fire official: Up to 9 believed killed in blaze (ktvb.com)
- Up to 9 believed killed in western Kentucky fire (wkyt.com)
- Fire Official: Up to 9 Believed Killed in Blaze (nation.time.com)
- House fire in rural Kentucky kills nine, officials say – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Fire official: Up to 9 believed killed in blaze (azstarnet.com)