Crackpot Climate Scientist’s Defamation Suit Against Combative Mark Steyn, National Review a Go, Says JudgePosted: January 31, 2014
Good summary, except the Washington Times buried the lead. Here it is:
“Mr. Steyn is representing himself after firing the magazine’s legal team over a dispute related to how the judge was handling the case.”
Often not the most advisable way to go, in court. But, who knows. Maybe he’s a better advocate than his former legal team. Steyn’s been around the block with frivolous lawsuits and harassment. We wish Mr. Steyn luck. I hope National Review turns around and sues the snot out of Michael Mann. See the Washington Times for the full article, but here’s a sample:
A climate change scientist’s defamation suit against National Review writer and frequent Rush Limbaugh fill-in Mark Steyn will proceed, a judge decided earlier this week, ruling against the magazine’s attempt to dismiss the case.
The case stems from Mr. Steyn’s written reference to Michael Mann’s climate change data as fraudulent, according to news website Raw Story.
“the Jerry Sandusky of climate science, except that instead of molesting children, he has molested and tortured data.”
At the time of the suit, several months ago, National Review editor Rich Lowry didn’t appear too worried.
Related articles, with more accurate titles replacing the alarmist, stupid, or dishonest ones
- Global Warming Scientist To Be Cross-examined Under Oath [2nd Amendment Texan] (minx.cc)
- DC judge denies defendants’ motion to dismiss Michael Mann’s lunatic defamation complaint (climatesciencewatch.org)
- Michael Mann’s doomed suit against National Review (climatecrocks.com)
- Climate Nut and ‘Dataphile’ Michael Mann Charges Ahead with Libel Suit (21stcenturywire.com)
- Right-Wing National Review approaching victory in Defamation Fiasco (crooksandliars.com)
- Climate scientist’s lawsuit to raise profile of National Review magazine (rawstory.com)
- William F. Buckley Jr.’s National Review Fighting Climate Fraudster in Court (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- Mark Steyn and National Review fires Law Firm in Climate Change Denial Suit, littlegreenfootballs gets it backward, then vomits and cries (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Climate scientist’s ill-advised lawsuit to be destroyed by National Review magazine (savetheepa.org)