Detroit Police Chief: Armed Citizens Can Make City SaferPosted: February 3, 2014
Jessica Chasmar writes: Detroit’s police chief is sticking to his guns after being criticized for supporting citizens to arm themselves.
Police Chief James Craig responded Thursday to a Detroit resident who challenged his pro-gun stance. Mr. Craig made national news earlier this month after he said armed citizens could serve as a deterrent to criminals, The Detroit News reported.
“Coming from California, where it takes an act of Congress to get a concealed weapon permit, I got to Maine, where they give out lots of CCWs (carrying concealed weapon permits), and I had a stack of CCW permits I was denying; that was my orientation,” he said at a press conference on Jan. 2. “I changed my orientation real quick. Maine is one of the safest places in America. Clearly, suspects knew that good Americans were armed.”
- Detroit police chief: More legally armed citizens deter crime (dailycaller.com)
- Detroit Police Chief: Concealed Carry Deters Crime, Saves Lives (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Detroit’s new police chief: Help reduce crime, carry a concealed weapon (bizpacreview.com)
- Detroit Police Chief: Concealed Weapons Permits Save Lives (joemiller.us)
- Detroit Police Chief Endorses Concealed Carry For A Safer City (personalliberty.com)
- ‘If more citizens were armed, criminals would think twice about attacking them’ – Detroit Police Chief (usahitman.com)
- Detroit police chief to citizens: Arm yourselves (mobile.wnd.com)
- ‘Detroit police chief to citizens: Arm yourselves’ (homegrownmedia.info)
- Detroit police chief to citizens: Arm yourselves (wnd.com)
- Seiler: Detroit police chief, former LAPD cop: Citizens Should Carry a Gun (capoliticalnews.com)