Seattle Times Reports: Arrests, Two Shootings in Post Super Bowl CelebrationsPosted: February 3, 2014
It’s not a party unless someone goes to the hospital
Looks like I spoke too soon.
Jennifer Sullivan reports:
Two men were shot and wounded near the massive celebration in Pioneer Square. Bottles and rocks were thrown at Seattle police, and the windows of businesses were broken out, said police spokesman Mark Jamieson
“We pushed the crowd south to disperse them. It was effective,” Jamieson said.
In total, about a half-dozen people were arrested in and around the celebrations across the city.
Details about the two shootings remain scarce, and it’s unclear whether they were celebration-related, Jamieson said.
One man was shot near the intersection of First Avenue and Cherry Street; the second man in the 200 block of Alaskan Way South, Jamieson said.
Police arrested a man in connection with the shooting at First and Cherry. They only later identified the victim after he showed up at Harborview Medical Center, Jamieson said.
“Officers were right there because of the crowds. They made an arrest and recovered the gun,” Jamieson said.
The victims of the two shootings were hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries early this morning. No arrest has been made in the Alaskan Way shooting, police said…
- Seahawks revelers cause $25,000 damage to Pergola (nwcn.com)
- Super Bowl 2014: Riot Police Restore Order in Seattle After Seahawks Win (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Seahawks revelers cause $25,000 damage to Pergola (king5.com)
- Police: 2 shootings amid Seahawks celebration (wmbfnews.com)
- Police: 2 shootings amid Seahawks celebration (metronews.ca)
- Arrests, two shootings in post Superbowl celebrations (blogs.seattletimes.com)
- ‘Ultimate dream!’ Seattle celebrates Seahawks win (wtvm.com)
- ‘Ultimate dream!’ Seattle celebrate Super Bowl win (americanlivewire.com)
- Reports: Super Bowl celebrants break Pioneer Square pergola (seattlepi.com)
- Seattle Riots 2014 After Winning Super Bowl (americanlivewire.com)