Debt Up $6.666 Trillion Under ObamaPosted: February 4, 2014
Ali Meyer reports: The debt of the U.S. government has increased $6.666 trillion since President Barack Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, according to the latest numbers released by the Treasury Department.
When President Obama was first inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2009, the debt of the U.S. government was $10,626,877,048,913.08, according to theTreasury Department’s Bureau of the Public Debt. As of Jan. 31, 2014, the latest day reported, the debt was $17,293,019,654,983.61—an increase of $6,666,142,606,070.53 since Obama’s first inauguration.
The total debt of the United States did not exceed $6.666 trillion until July 2003. In the little more than five years of the Obama presidency, the U.S. has accumulated as much new debt as it did in it’s first 227 years.
The business and economic reporting of CNSNews.com is funded in part with a gift made in memory of Dr. Keith C. Wold.
- $6.666 Trillion (theuniversalspectator.wordpress.com)
- Debt Up $6.666 Trillion Under Obama (lunaticoutpost.com)
- Mark Of The Spending Beast: Debt Up $6.66 Trillion Under Obama (patdollard.com)
- Mark Of The Spending Beast: Debt Up $6.66 Trillion Under Obama (patriotnetdaily.com)
- Obama The Antichrist: U.S. Debt Now Up $6.66 Trillion Since He Took Office… (redflagnews.com)
- National Debt Grew $6.666 Trillion During Obama’s Presidency (lonelyconservative.com)
- Obama The Antichrist: U.S. Debt Now Up $6.66 Trillion Since He Took Office… (weaselzippers.us)
- Obama Adds Over $500 Billion In New Debt in Just Three Months Under McConnell’s Blank Check Debt Ceiling Deal (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Unpopular Obama to Promise Americans in SOTU Address: I Won’t Stand Still (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Reality Check: China Now Owns a Record $1.317 Trillion of U.S. Government Debt (punditfromanotherplanet.com)