Flashback: Woody Allen in 2010: Obama should be a dictatorPosted: February 4, 2014
I was hoping someone would dig up this quote. It’s not unique, a lot of left-wing non-celebrities, stubborn Obama supporters, and autocratic rule-loving, authoritarian-leaning Democrats feel this way, too. They just don’t have a microphone. The sentiment is probably more common now than when Wilson or FDR were president. The quote? The Daily Caller‘s Patrick Howley has it:
Accused pedophile Woody Allen once said that President Obama is “brilliant” and should have dictatorial powers so that Republicans can’t oppose his agenda.
“…would be good…if he could be a dictator for a few years because he could do a lot of good things quickly..”
“I am pleased with Obama. I think he’s brilliant. The Republican Party should get out of his way and stop trying to hurt him,” Allen said in 2010, 18 years after he was accused of telling Mia Farrow’s adopted daughter Dylan to lay on her stomach and play with her train set while he allegedly sexually assaulted her, according to a New York Times open letter written by Dylan Farrow.
“[I]t would be good…if he could be a dictator for a few years because he could do a lot of good things quickly,” said Allen, who was accused of routinely putting his thumb in Dylan Farrow’s mouth and making her sleep under the covers with him while he was in his underwear.
Allen also said in 2011 that he wanted to cast First Lady Michelle Obama in a movie.
Allen continues to deny the accusations, and The Guardian’s Michael Wolff suggested that Dylan Farrow’s recent New York Times op-ed could be media spin for the Farrow family, which includes Dylan’s brother Ronan Farrow, who is launching a new MSNBC talk show…
- Woody Allen’s lawyer: Dylan Farrow’s abuse allegations “implanted” by Mia Farrow (salon.com)
- Barbara Walters speaks up for Woody Allen (marquee.blogs.cnn.com)
- Poll: Are you rethinking Woody Allen’s films? (timesunion.com)
- Dylan Farrow: Woody Allen sexually abused me when I was 7 (dcclothesline.com)
- Woody Allen donated money to Mitch McConnell’s female challenger (dailycaller.com)
- Woody Allen’s Lawyer — Mia Farrow’s Just a Bitter Bitch (tmz.com)
- Woody Allen lawyer: Abuse memories implanted (today.com)
- Woody Allen Denies Dylan Farrow’s Molestation Claims & Crazily Throws The Blame At Someone Else! (perezhilton.com)
- Dylan Farrow’s Sexual Abuse Memories ‘Implanted’ By Her Mother, Woody Allen’s Lawyer Claims (radaronline.com)
- Woody Allen’s Attorney Says Dylan Farrow Is ‘A Pawn’ Of Her Mother In New ‘Today’ Show Interview (businessinsider.com)