Grey Lady Down: New York Times Reporters Embarrassed by the Paper’s Editorial PagesPosted: February 4, 2014
“As for the columnists, Friedman is the worst. He hasn’t had an original thought in 20 years; he’s an embarrassment. He’s perceived as an idiot who has been wrong about every major issue for 20 years…”
It’s not an ideological dispute, the Observer says, but rather the sense that the paper’s editorials and columns are boring, ineffectual, poorly written and poorly read. The story was based on interviews with more than two dozen current and former Times staffers, mostly on condition of anonymity out of fear of editorial page editor Andrew Rosenthal.
Rosenthal was described as a petty tyrant, and lazy in his supervision of an opinion staff that is widely seen outside the newsroom as the voice of the Left-wing establishment.
“Then there’s Maureen Dowd, who has been writing the same column since George H. W. Bush was president…”
“As for the columnists, Friedman is the worst…
- Even the New York Times Hates the New York Times! (powerlineblog.com)
- Petty Tyranny at the NY Times Editorial Page (breitbart.com)
- New York Times Reporters Embarrassed by the Paper’s Editorial Pages (jpupdates.com)
- BLUE ON BLUE: This just in: New York Times reporters embarrassed by the paper’s editorial pages…. (pjmedia.com)
- The Tyranny and Lethargy of the Times Editorial Page (huffingtonpost.com)
- New York Times Staffers Finally Admit How Dumb Tom Friedman Is (gawker.com)
- Jill Abramson: ‘Most secretive White House I have ever dealt with’… (america.aljazeera.com)
- New York Observer reports ‘semi-open revolt’ between NYT news and edit shops (poynter.org)
- Krauthammer: Yes, That New York Times Benghazi Report Was Meant To Provide Cover For Democrats (downtrend.com)
- David Brooks’ Anti-Pot NY Times Col No Dumber Than His Paper’s Editorial (reason.com)