[VIDEO] Counter-Intelligence: Seattle Seahawk Richard Sherman Cracked Peyton’s Hand Signal To Win The Super BowlPosted: February 4, 2014
Richard Sherman Seattle Seahawks Cracked Peyton’s Hand signal To Win The Super Bowl Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman claims that part of his team’s strategy for winning the Super Bowl on Sunday night was successfully cracking Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning’s hand signals.
“All we did was play situational football,” he told Sports Illustrated in an interview published Monday. “We knew what route concepts they liked on different downs, so we jumped all the routes. Then we figured out the hand signals for a few of the route audibles in the first half.”
Sherman demonstrated some of the signs during the interview and said his teammates had started to predict the Broncos’ plays. Manning is said to change his signals for every game…
“Me, Earl [Thomas], Kam [Chancellor] … we’re not just three All-Pro players. We’re three All-Pro minds. Now, if Peyton had thrown in some double moves, if he had gone out of character, we could’ve been exposed,” he said, adding that the Super Bowl is “playing chess, not checkers.”
The Stanford-educated football player faced backlash and was fined for his victory rant following the NFC Championship playoff…
- Controversial defensive corner back Richard Sherman said that he and the other defenders were able to ‘crack the code’ on Manning’s hand signals
- Said they figured out which plays went with which hand motions during the first quarter of the Super Bowl
- Sherman equated the game to a mental match, saying they were ‘playing chess, not checkers’ on the field on Sunday
- Seattle won 43-8 in a surprisingly low-scoring game for the Broncos
Meghan Keneally – PUBLISHED: 09:25 EST, 4 February 2014 | UPDATED: 13:25 EST, 4 February 2014
The Seattle Seahawks have revealed that a good part of their defensive strategy at the Super Bowl came from the fact that they were able to decode Peyton Manning’s hand signals on the field.
Controversial corner back Richard Sherman said that he and his fellow defenders cracked the code that the Denver Broncos quarterback was using, meaning that they knew exactly what to expect for each play.
‘We knew what route concepts they liked on different downs, so we jumped all the routes. Then we figured out the hand signals for a few of the route audibles in the first half,’ he said…
- Richard Sherman Says Seahawks Cracked Peyton Manning’s Hand-Signals (im41.com)
- Seahawks: We cracked Peyton Manning’s hand-signals… (redflagnews.com)
- WHY SEATTLE WON, EXPOSED: Seahawks Cracked Manning’s Hand Signal Code So They Knew Every Play In Advance (patdollard.com)
- Richard Sherman Says The Seahawks Figured Out What Peyton Manning’s Hand Signals Meant (businessinsider.com)
- Seahawks Say They Figured Out Manning’s Signals (npr.org)
- Sherman: Seahawks knew Broncos’ routes (espn.go.com)
- Peyton Manning Decoded: Richard Sherman Says Seahawks Figured Out What Peyton Manning’s Hand Signals Meant (katenews2day.com)
- Sherman claims the Seahawks cracked the Manning code (profootballtalk.nbcsports.com)